1st Anniversary North Carolina

1st Anniversary North Carolina
North Carolina 1st Anniversary

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Week 30 updates

Our baby is now in the 11 inch range (27 cm) crown-to-rump with an overall length of about 17 inches (38 cm). Our baby weighs about 3 pounds (1350 gms).

I've included the metric system for those interested.  I'm currently doing inventory at work, which is all in the grams measurements, so it is just a way for me to think of the size of our baby, in comparison to what I'm working with currently.

There are LOTS of data points that I haven't even read yet as we've been so busy with other life activities.  We've headed to Chicago to visit the Van Der Bill's and to run in the Elim Christian Services 5K.  It was a great time with friends.  We've also spent the past Memorial Day weekend working on our house.  Kurt (bro) helped us out a great deal.  We have new windows installed and the sheetrock is also up, taped and mudded.  I need to sand, re-mud, sand and texture before we can paint.  I believe the room is going to get shades of green as Rebecca doesn't care for yellow and those are about the only truly neutral colors available.  We still need to figure out carpeting and then furniture, but have wonderful parents who are pitching in to help purchase the crib and dresser/changing table.  Rebecca and I have also done simple "us" things like going on walks.  My schedule has slowed down a bit and with Rebecca being DONE WITH GRAD SCHOOL, we have more free time together.
That's right, Rebecca graduated from UW-Milwaukee with her Master's in Library Information Services.  She got great grades!!!  I'm so super proud of her.  We still need to celebrate this milestone, but with the baby coming and all the home remodeling, etc, I've kind of put off any big celebrations.....for now anyway.

OK, I need to get more housework done as Rebecca is working 1200-2100 today, so I'm doing chores and want to have the house looking good for her when she comes home.  I'm trying to be a good husband afterall :-)

the Bogaards

No comments:

Post a Comment